Cafeteria cookies are too high a price

You bite into that warm chocolate chip cookie that you have craved since the start of the day only to find that your pockets have been emptied from this purchase. Seventy-five cents may seem like a small cost, however with each day, it adds up. Everyone knows the distinct taste of our warm, gooey school cookies, but cannot enjoy them on a daily basis because by the end of the week all of your money is gone between the price of sweets and lunch. Lowering the cost of school cookies would enable a larger population of Algonquin to purchase them. Despite their wonderful taste, each cookie ranges in size and you may not be getting your money’s worth. Some days you find yourself with a gigantic cookie to indulge in while others, it is comparable to the size of an ant!

Down to 50 cents, the student body would be happier and able to afford the cookies school sells. Most people have two quarters on them compared to three. I know I always find myself scrambling to find a third one, constantly asking other people for it to feed my addiction. This change would benefit the school as well because more students would buy the cookies, balancing the price change out, and boosting profits.

From,

Julia Gittlen

Class of 2017