Polls

What is the best part of spring?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Support Us
$1501
$2000

A donation of $40 or more includes a subscription to the 2023-24 print issues of The Harbinger. We will mail a copy of our fall, winter, spring and graduation issues to the recipient of your choice. Your donation supports the student journalists of Algonquin Regional High School and allows our extracurricular publication to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

REVIEW: Crazy Stone: A hidden sushi paradise

Courtesy Crazy Stone
Crazy Stone, known for their specialy sushi, is located on 1009 Boston Post Rd E, Marlborough, MA.

Nestled alongside Route 20 next to the Hager Pond lies Crazy Stone Sushi, what I would easily consider to be the best Asian restaurant in all of the Metrowest area. Whether it be the amazing atmosphere, the attentive staff or the expansive menu, this restaurant never fails to impress.

My most recent experience at Crazy Stone was nothing shy of amazing. From the moment my friend and I sat down, we were instantly impressed.

Despite the restaurant’s small size, we were able to grab a table at 7 p.m. with no problem. The waiters were eager to give us a wonderful experience; they never left us with an empty cup of water. Crazy Stone has about ten tables total, so the restaurant feels small and intimate right off the bat. 

We thought that the menu was extensive, yet reasonably priced. The cheapest sushi roll at Crazy Stone is around $5.95, which is a huge difference from other restaurants in the area that charge around $10-12 for the cheapest roll. Our whole meal was around $46, and we ordered a large amount of food for that price.

We ordered the Out of Control Roll (spicy tuna and yellowtail topped with imitation crab meat and eel sauce), the Scallop Roll and their Pork Gyoza, along with their signature House Pineapple Fried Rice.

The Out of Control Roll had a tangy beginning with a kick at the end from the spice. I thought that the rice to fish ratio was perfect. For what we paid ($14.95), we got more fish than I have seen in a lot of sushi rolls around the area. For both rolls, the rice also had a consistency that wasn’t too heavy or not enough.

We followed the Out of Control Roll with Crazy Stone’s scallop roll ($8.75), which helped to cool down the spice. We found this roll to be a good palate cleanser for our other food, as it was very refreshing with a seaweed wrap. 

Our last dish was the Crazy Stone House Pineapple Fried Rice ($13.25). While it may seem an unusual choice at first, this was our favorite of the night. The rice was a mix between savory and sweet, and it had a consistency like sticky rice that made it feel risotto-like. 

I have gotten the Pineapple Fried Rice every time I dine at Crazy Stone, and every person I’ve known who tried it loved the dish. 

Overall, the meal as a whole was incredible. We never waited more than 25 minutes for our food, regardless of the fact that it was a busy Saturday night at the restaurant. This, combined with the ambiance, made the whole experience feel like we were dining in a private restaurant. 

Compared to other sushi restaurants I’ve dined at in the area, Crazy Stone has constantly stood apart from them all. This restaurant is a hidden gem that isn’t talked about enough. The atmosphere, amazing food and impeccable service all make Crazy Stone one of my favorite places to eat out in the Metrowest area.