$1501
$2000

REVIEW: Is Brilla Coffee hot or not?

Liana Meehan
Brilla Coffee is located on 17 W Main St in Northborough; it is open from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Sundays.

According to the Central Mass Official Community’s Choice Awards, Brilla Coffee in Northborough was voted Best Local Coffee Shop in Central Mass two years in a row. Brilla not only has the best cup of coffee in town, but they also sell equally delicious hot chocolate which is the perfect treat on a cold winter day.

Brilla Coffee serves a wide range of food and beverages to customers, according to Staff Writer Liana Meehan (Liana Meehan)

The milk-based hot chocolate is smooth and rich, with a slight foam on the surface that reaches your lips at the first sip. The drink is served at just the right temperature, achieving the perfect warmth without being scorching hot. The hot chocolate is sweet, but not overpowering with an authentic and natural cacao flavor. 

During a recent visit to the friendly Northborough coffee shop, I ordered a small hot chocolate ($3.88). When I entered the store around 1:30 pm, the woman working the cashier greeted me with a warm welcome. The service was excellent as my drink was made in just a few minutes (granted, I was the only customer in the store). 

The second I walked into the store there was a quiet and peaceful vibe. Between the black painted walls, mood lighting and subtle background music, the store made for a relaxing ambiance despite sitting right on busy Route 20. The aesthetically pleasing store has a beautiful mural of a fruit vine on one wall, accompanied with vibrant and comfortable furniture for customers to lounge in. I definitely would recommend stopping by Brilla Coffee to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate with someone, or if you need a quiet environment to do homework. 

Staff Writer Liana Meehan writes that Brilla Coffee has a comfortable and aesthetically pleasing atmosphere.

By purchasing a cup of hot chocolate at Brilla Coffee, not only are you supporting a local business, but you are supporting farmers from all around the world through the Direct Trade Coffee initiative: contributions towards coffee bean farmers to get paid more than fair market prices for their service. Brilla Coffee supports farmers who provide them with the necessary materials to create their delicious hot chocolate and coffee. Donating appears to be one of the company’s core passions and values. 

Altogether, Brilla Coffee is a must-try spot for when you’re searching for the perfect cup of hot chocolate. Aside from creating a delicious winter drink, they craft their product with care and give back to the community one sip at a time. 

Located on 17 W Main St in Northborough, Brilla Coffee is open from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Sundays.