Polls

What is the best part of spring?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Support Us
$1501
$2000

A donation of $40 or more includes a subscription to the 2023-24 print issues of The Harbinger. We will mail a copy of our fall, winter, spring and graduation issues to the recipient of your choice. Your donation supports the student journalists of Algonquin Regional High School and allows our extracurricular publication to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Top 5 local pizza places

Graphic Ellie O’Connor

Now that midterms are in full swing, everyone is in need of some good takeout pizza after a long study session or exam. Here are my top five pizza places for you to enjoy: 

#5: Vina’s Pizza, Northborough 

Vina’s Pizza is a great place to start when looking for a hot pizza spot. With its location so close to Algonquin, Vina’s makes it easy and accessible to pick up a slice on the way home from school. You can choose to order a single slice, or a whole pie to share with the family. Vina’s is heavy on the sauce, so if you’re into a saucy pizza, this is the place for you to try. In addition to their famous New York-style pizza, they also offer a variety of 22 different gourmet pizzas to try from, ranging from Hawaiian, Buffalo Chicken, to even Breakfast pizzas.

#4: Domino’s, Westborough 

Domino’s is a go-to pizza franchise that everyone loves. Domino’s pizza has a unique garlic sauce drizzle, with delicious herbs and spices sprinkled on top for your tastebuds to enjoy. Their pizza also pairs well with garlic rolls or a sweet treat of cinnamon knots. Even though the restaurant is not a local business, the fast food chain is reliable and consistent, as it is guaranteed your pizza will taste the same every time. Domino’s also makes for an excellent late-night snack, as some stores stay open as late as 1 a.m. 

#3: Monti’s Pizza Plus, Northborough 

Monti’s is a great restaurant for extra-doughy pizza lovers. Some may not prefer the extra fluff that the dough base contains, but it makes for a delicious pizza experience on your hungrier days. Monti’s is a fantastic option for hosting events such as birthday parties, sporting events, grad parties and more. They offer catering services and large, square-sheet pizzas. Even though Monti’s is strictly a takeout restaurant due to limited seating arrangements, it makes for some great food to bring home or to large social gatherings. 

#2: Linguini’s Italian Eatery, Marlborough 

Linguini’s is a staple pizza spot, made from an authentic Italian business. Their pizza has just the right ratio of sauce to cheese, accompanied by free bread rolls with dipping sauce. You can choose to either dine in just off of route 20 or take out. Despite the lack of variety of pizzas, the classic cheese pizza makes up for it and is a personal favorite of mine. You can order a single slice for when you’re feeling a small snack, or a whole pie for special occasions. 

#1: Rail trail Flatbread Company, Hudson 

Rail Trail lands the first place position and is a great option for when you want to up your pizza game. Made in a wood oven grill, the flatbread pizza is cooked to perfection with a variety of toppings to choose from. The “create your own flatbread” option in the menu allows customers to customize a pizza to their liking, with an assortment of different cheeses, sauces, vegetables or meat toppings. They have flatbreads ranging from classic margarita to more unique flavors such as buffalo chicken. Their flatbreads are gluten-free, and they also offer vegan options for all pizza lovers to enjoy. It’s a great place to try if you’re looking to support local businesses, as they have two locations in downtown Hudson and Milford. The restaurant has a lively environment, as well as a patio area for customers to enjoy during the warmer months.

What is your favorite local pizza place?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.