When is it officially "shorts" weather?

$1501
$2000

Friends, family, staff gather to celebrate Iverson’s CAP graduation

Sophia Lalau
Postgraduate William Iverson smiles with his parents after receiving his diploma on April 1, 2024.

Postgraduate Will Iverson’s time at Algonquin was a time to remember. As a part of Unified DECA and Unified track, Iverson made many friends and bonds with teachers who he is sad to leave behind him. 

The graduation kicked off on April 1 with Assistant Principal Cathleen Carmignani presenting Iverson with his diploma. A slideshow filled with pictures of Iverson growing up with his friends and family followed, with “Larger Than Life” by the Backstreet Boys playing in the background. 

Special education teacher Caitlyn Hynes describes Iverson as an engaged student. 

“[Will] is a really good worker and has even gotten volunteer internships,” Hynes said. “He loves being out in communities.” 

Iverson enjoyed his time in the CAP program and is sad to leave Algonquin and the relationships he has made throughout the years.

Postgraduate William Iverson accepts his diploma with his parents and Assistant Principal Cathleen Carmignani. (Sophia Lalau)

“The best part about being at Algonquin are the kids here,” Iverson said. “I love seeing everyone and they’re all awesome.” 

Special education teacher Colleen Bridge is proud of how far Iverson has come through the program. 

“He’s become a lot more independent and doesn’t need us to be so hands-on anymore,” Bridge said. “He can do it himself and even got a job offer on the farm that he has been volunteering at.” 

Iverson is pleased with his time at ARHS, as the school community brought him close together with many. 

“Not just CAP, but what I love about Algonquin is the sports and the clubs outside the school,” Iverson said. “I like to hang out with everyone.”