$1501
$2000

Top 5 Disney Channel Original Movies

Ava Arcona

Do you ever just want to watch a feel-good movie that is filled with childhood nostalgia? I always find myself going on to Disney+ when I don’t know what to watch. Whether you’ve been a die-hard Disney fan since childhood or never watched the channel, here are my top picks for Disney Channel original movies for everyone to enjoy. 

#5: “Cheetah Girls” (2003)

It’s a movie about friendship with great songs; what’s not to love? Not only is this movie stacked with an unforgettable cast featuring Adrienne Bailon, Raven-Symoné, Sabrina Bryan and Kiely Williams, the movie also has memorable songs such as “Cheetah Sisters.” The movie follows the girl group and their rise to fame. Love interests, egos and talent managers all play a role in their ups and downs throughout the movie and its two sequels.

#4: “Lemonade Mouth” (2011)

Learn how a group of misfits turned into a famous band while simultaneously leading a rebellion and dealing with the ups and downs of high school. Filled with catchy songs like “Determinate” and “Turn Up the Music,” you are sure to be filled with nostalgia. With actors such as Bridgit Medler, Adam Hicks, Blake Micheal, Naomi Scott and Hayley Kiyoko, this classic Disney movie has many stars that will transport you back to your childhood.

#3: “Camp Rock” (2010)

What would it be like to attend a sleep-away camp for musicians? “Camp Rock” lets the audience see for themselves. Stars like the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato add a musical spin to the storyline, making it more enjoyable for the audience. Rivalries and romances form between the characters, especially when a pop star visiting the camp overhears a mystery girl singing and sets out to find her. You are sure to have nostalgia watching this movie, as there are popular songs such as “This is Me” and “We Rock,” along with familiar faces, along the way.

#2: “Teen Beach Movie” (2013)

Sticking with the summer vibe, “Teen Beach Movie” will remind you of why you loved this movie as a kid. Ross Lynch and Maia Mitchell’s on-screen chemistry with a mix of catchy tunes make the movie even more memorable. Every kid dreams about being in a movie, so what happens if you get stuck in a musical? Not only will watching this make you excited for summer, you will also end up with the iconic songs such as “Falling For Ya” and “Can’t Stop Singing” stuck in your head. In addition, there is a sequel where you can learn what the characters are up to after the first movie. 

#1: “High School Musical” (2006)

One of the most popular Disney Channel Original Movies but also a classic, with songs such as “Breaking Free” and “Bop to the Top” performed by stars like Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens, the movie tops my list. Not only was the chemistry between all the characters perfect, the movie isn’t overcrowded with songs: they are perfectly spread out, making watching the movie that more enjoyable. From seeing the basketball star and a shy, quiet girl try out for the school musical to the “popular” siblings trying to ruin their chances, Disney puts a fun take on high school with great songs in the mix.