What are you most excited for this summer?

$1541
$2000

Chicken Sandwich Chasers: Nan’s Kitchen & Market

Cam “Ava” Arcona
Nan’s Rustic Kitchen & Market is located on Route 9 in Southborough. The Chicken Sandwich Chasers reviewed their “Nan’s Original Fried Chicken Sammie.”

Hello fellow Chicken Sandwich Chasers! 

For today’s culinary adventure, we stopped by a Southborough fan favorite: Nan’s Kitchen & Market on 359 Turnpike Road, known for their unique ambiance and original sandwich recipes bursting with flavor.

Originating in Stow, Massachusetts, Nan’s opened a new location here during the summer of 2022 and has been serving up nourishing, unprocessed food ever since. Many of the workers know Adrian by name, proof of the welcoming atmosphere that keeps us coming back.

Ava “Cam” Arcona

Nan’s Market is a cozy establishment with a rustic, inviting vibe. The decor is simple yet tasteful, with wooden accents and hanging vines on the ceiling that give it a homey touch. If you need a little something to munch on while you wait, they offer complimentary oyster crackers. The homely atmosphere, exceptional customer service and wide variety of menu options are testament to Nan’s superior dining experience, mirroring the incredible quality of their original chicken sandwich.

But let’s get to the star of the show: Nan’s Original Fried Chicken Sammie. This sandwich is a masterclass in simplicity and flavor. The chicken breast is perfectly brined, resulting in juicy, tender meat coated in a crispy, well-seasoned batter. Nestled between soft, buttery brioche buns, the chicken is accompanied by crisp slaw and a tangy house sauce that ties everything together beautifully.

Adrian, a self-proclaimed Nan’s Market connoisseur who has tried most of the breakfast and lunch/dinner menu, raves about this sandwich every time. And we can see why – it’s a perfectly balanced blend of textures and flavors that hits all the right notes.

Given our Chick-fil-A benchmark of 5/10, we rate Nan’s Original Fried Chicken Sammie a stellar 9. It’s a standout sandwich that exceeds expectations, from the quality of ingredients to the expert preparation. At $12.99, it’s also a great value for such a satisfying meal.

If you find yourself in Southborough, do yourself a favor and stop by Nan’s Market. Whether you’re a local or just passing through, this cozy spot and its delectable fried chicken sandwich are sure to leave a lasting impression.

Chasing on, Cam and Adrian, the “Chicken Sandwich Chasers” Team