When is it officially "shorts" weather?

$1501
$2000

Top 5 snacks

Graphic Ellie O’Connor

One of the best aspects of food is that there is a humongous variety of options to choose from when you are hungry. Whether you are craving something salty or sweet, there will always be something out there to satisfy your craving. However, it can be overwhelming at times when trying to decide what to eat based on how hungry you are and what you truly want to consume. To help speed up this process, here are a few of my favorite snacks!

#5 Pretzels

Pretzels are the most simple, yet complicated snack at the same time. Their intricate knot-shaped designs only add to their delicious, mouth-watering, salty taste. They fall into two scrumptious categories: soft or crunchy. Soft pretzels are perfect for when you are walking around in the mall and want a quick bite to satisfy your hunger. Auntie Anne’s is by far the best place to go as they not only are known for their iconic treat, but also offer drinks and other food items as well. Crunchy pretzels are the ideal snack to have when you are sitting on your couch after a long week, binge watching your favorite TV show, not caring about anything in the world. These pretzels have a wide range of options to choose from, like Snyder’s Pretzel Sticks, Snack Facory’s Pretzel Crisps and even Flipz Chocolate-Covered Pretzels.  

#4 Popcorn

Whenever the movie theater comes to mind, you soon become delighted with the thought of the buttery smell, salty taste and crunchy texture of popcorn. Popcorn is famous for being the item to eat while watching a movie, but there is no rule saying that you can’t snack on it during the day. The delicious, silky, buttery goodness can provide people with a sense of comfort and warmth. It is best consumed on a frigid, winter night while watching a scary movie or while you are working hard on your homework after school. Additionally, the popcorn industry has expanded, providing customers with pre-popped popcorn options that are more healthy than the original. This makes it so much more enjoyable to consume, as you know that you are eating something nutritious and tasty. Some of the best popcorn brands are Skinny Pop, Smartfood, Orville’s and Pop Secret.

#3 Crackers

Crackers are the most underrated snacks of all time. Many assume that all crackers are square shaped, dry, baked biscuits with no flavor, but they are so much more versatile than that. Cheez-Its, to the surprise of many, are the number one cracker in all of America. Famous for their unique, bright orange color and crunchy texture in the presence of the incredibly cheesy taste, they have transformed a once boring food item into a staple snack in almost every household. Another finger food that infiltrates numerous minds, especially those of children, are Goldfish. They revolutionized the cracker industry by making it fun, taking creativity to the next level with their literal fish shape and crispy texture. Many more scrumptious crackers include Club Crackers, Ritz, Animal Cracker and last but not least, Honey Maid Graham Crackers

#2 Cookies

Cookies are the ultimate sweet treat to have when you don’t know what to eat. The greatest thing on this planet is a warm, gooey, chocolate chip cookie that has just come out of the oven. Even baking them is a fun activity to do when you are bored, as your end result is something extraordinary. Our school even sells them during all three lunches in case someone wants a dessert to go along with their scrumptious lunch. Oreos also fall into the cookie category, the popular sandwich of two cocoa biscuits with a vanilla cream filling. They can satisfy your taste buds in a matter of seconds when the cocoa cookie dissolves on your tongue, even if it leaves your mouth looking like a coal mine. The best pre-baked cookies are Chips Ahoy, Milanos, Tate’s Bake Shop and obviously Oreos

#1 Chips

You can never go wrong with chips, especially Lay’s Chips. Whether you want something spicy or sweet, there is always a chip out there for you. From Flamin’ Hot Cheetos to Funyuns, you physically cannot be bored by the amount of options out there for you. The best spicy chips are Lay’s Kettle Cooked Jalapeño Flavored Chips, which deliver the perfect amount of heat; it’s not too much so you aren’t dying for a sip of water, but just enough to make you addicted for another bite (and just a little bit sweaty). The Classic Lay’s are the best comfort snack to eat, there is just something about their simple, salty taste accompanied by their thin, crunchy shape that appeals to all. Craving something cheesy? No problem: Doritos and Cheetos coming right up! There is no way that you will deny a taste of them once you open a fresh bag and inhale their unique, cheesy smell that will leave the bag empty in a matter of seconds. Now, there is no way to list all of the stellar chips, but the most popular are Sun Chips, Tostitos, Ruffle Potato Chips and Doritos.