$1501
$2000

Q&A: Boys’ hockey captain proud of team’s comeback

Laura White
Senior Jack Gulachenski prepares for a face off against Westborough at the DCU Center on Feb. 10. The boys’ hockey team won 8-2.

The boys’ hockey team ended the regular season with a record of 11-6-3, led by senior captains Luke Palma, Jackson Redfern and Jack Doolan. Palma reflects on the season.

How did the season go overall?

“Overall it went pretty good. We won more than half our games.”

What was a highlight from the season?

“A highlight was going on a 10 game win streak. We started the season off slow so I think that really helped the boys get into it for the playoffs.”

Who are some of your key players? What players especially stepped up?

“[Senior] Jack Gulachenski. That was a big one. He got the most points on the team and also his brother [senior] Nate Gulachenski.”

What was your team dynamic like?

“We have a great dynamic. We have great locker room jokes that we always do to get us pumped up for the game and get us into it. It really helped the boys go at it.”

What was the most challenging part of the season?

“Probably the way we started off. We didn’t start off too good and the rest of the season went smoothly because of those first games. We knew what we had to do to get past those.”

What is coming up for the team next year?

“They’re losing nine seniors so they’re going to have to fill a lot of spots. A lot of big juniors are going to have to step up like Ben Yosca and Nate Meschisen.”