$1501
$2000

Hidden Gems: Moon River Botanicals

Moon+River+Botanicals+is+located+on+Route+20+and+is+open+from+11%3A00+a.m+to+5%3A00+p.m+from+Wednesday+to+Saturday+and+11%3A00+a.m+to+4%3A00+p.m+on+Sundays.+
Courtesy Moon River Botanicals
Moon River Botanicals is located on Route 20 and is open from 11:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m from Wednesday to Saturday and 11:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m on Sundays.

Settled on the bustling Route 20 and just a few minutes’ walk from Algonquin, Moon River Botanicals is a plant lovers’ paradise. The vibrant, relaxing atmosphere, knowledgeable staff and variety of products available make this shop one of Northborough’s hidden gems.

Moon River may be overlooked at first glance, given the surrounding traffic and multitude of businesses in the area, but one visit will show you just how much character and charm lies inside. Customers are greeted by the crisp feeling of fresh air, despite the closed space. Colorful and unique varieties of plants fill every surface, with tasteful decor lending accents to the aesthetic. Steam blown from a diffuser and infused with essential oils adds to a whimsical, organic ambiance.

Studies have shown that being in the presence of plants can substantially brighten your mood, and Moon River has enough to make you forget even the worst stress from the school day. Stop by on your way home (after grabbing your after-school sweet treat from one of the shops in the area) to unwind in a tranquil atmosphere and browse their wide selection of houseplants, self-care products and nature-themed room decor. 

Moon River Botanicals offers a ride variety of plant related products. (Courtesy Moon River Botanicals)

If your green thumb is more of a sickly shade of brown, ask about low-maintenance plants for beginners. The addition of a plant friend to your living space is one of life’s simple pleasures and a great way to stay connected with nature. If you’re not interested in adopting a plant, Moon River also offers natural soaps, teas, candles and much more; you can even buy sage to burn and ward off those pesky evil spirits. All of these make for the perfect gift or treat-yourself purchase, combined with the priceless knowledge that you are supporting a local small business. 

Moon River Botanicals is open from 11:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m from Wednesday to Saturday and 11:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m on Sundays. You can follow them on Facebook or Instagram @moonriverbotanicals where they update viewers with eye-catching photos from the shop and community event reminders.