When is it officially "shorts" weather?

$1501
$2000

Top 5 Halloween movies

Calla Torres

The air chills with the arrival of the Halloween season, bringing with it a ghostly ensemble of timeless movies that mark the eerie spirit of this holiday. However, there are so many of these films, and every year new ones are coming out, making it difficult to decide which ones to watch to prepare for the holiday. Here are five thrilling films that encapsulate the fun and fear of Halloween!   

#5: “The Nightmare Before Christmas” (1993)

Tim Burton’s visionary genius and the distinctive stop-motion visuals in “The Nightmare Before Christmas” transport audiences right into the heart of Halloweentown. This unique fusion of Halloween’s eerie charm and the warm essence of Christmas create an enchanting cinematic experience that’s perfect for a cozy autumn afternoon, appealing to viewers of all ages. However, the debate persists whether this is a Halloween or Christmas movie, which leaves it at number five on this list. 

#4: “Friday the 13th” (1980)

Slashing its way into the horror movie landscape, “Friday the 13th” is a founding pillar of the slasher genre. Set in the ominous Camp Crystal Lake, the relentless undead Jason Voorhees haunts the screens, bringing suspense and terror to unsuspecting audiences. Although the movie takes place in the early summer, its chilling impact, iconic villain and enduring legacy establish its presence as a top Halloween movie.

#3: “Ghostbusters” (1984)

In a genre dominated by traditional horror, “Ghostbusters” offers a memorable experience for viewers seeking a balance of chills and laughs. Its innovation, fun character and iconic theme song cement its place among the top five Halloween movies, a timeless classic that will haunt and delight audiences for generations to come. 

#2: “Hocus Pocus” (1993)

A bewitching tale that enchants all ages, “Hocus Pocus” weaves a spellbinding narrative of three mischievous witches unleashed in Salem. This family-friendly favorite captures the magic of Halloween with its blend of humor, magic and some spooky fun. Its charm and time-honored tradition in Halloween movie marathons secure its place at number two.

#1: “Halloween” (1978)

Michael Myers’s silently terrifying presence, coupled with the haunting and suspenseful theme orchestrated by John Carpenter, will always send shivers down the spines of many audiences. This iconic film marks the terror of a Halloween night and perfectly captures this holiday’s frightful spirit, securing its top spot on this list.

What is your favorite Halloween movie?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.