Polls

When is it officially "shorts" weather?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Support Us
$1501
$2000

A donation of $40 or more includes a subscription to the 2023-24 print issues of The Harbinger. We will mail a copy of our fall, winter, spring and graduation issues to the recipient of your choice. Your donation supports the student journalists of Algonquin Regional High School and allows our extracurricular publication to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

Top 5 Halloween candies

Ellie O’Connor

It’s finally Halloween season! When I was younger, I couldn’t wait to wear my costume and listen to Halloween music, but the most important thing was the candy. Of course, I made trades with my friends and sister, but there is always one major question: which candies are so good that I would be willing to trade something from my basket? 

#5: Snickers 

Snickers are a safe option and you can never go wrong. They have a nice little crunch from the peanut in the middle and the caramel is perfect. The one unsatisfactory thing with Snickers is if you get the little square ones–I always end up wanting more after I eat one of those. 

#4: Sour Patch Kids

Sour Patch Kids are in fourth place. These gummies are not entirely sour, but they have a little kick, which is great for people who don’t love sour snacks. With that sourness, you also have the sweet taste that you usually get from candies. You can get the best from both worlds, sweet and sour, in just one bite. 

#3: Haribo Gummies 

Coming in at number three, we have Haribo Gummies. These can be hard to find and some years you might not even get them, but when you do they are always a treat. A favorable thing about these gummies is that they have the perfect amount of chewiness to them. My personal favorite is the strawberry one, but the pineapple flavor is a close second. 

#2: Twix 

In second place we have Twix. This chocolate bar has two cookies and in the middle there is some caramel. The crunch that you get as soon as you take a bite is perfect, and the cherry on top is when you start tasting the sweet and salty caramel. Unlike Snickers, you don’t have to worry about getting the small square chocolate bars; you are guaranteed in getting the medium rectangle ones. 

#1: Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups 

Last but certainly not least, Reese’s Peanut Butter cups come in first place. What can go wrong if chocolate and peanut butter are put together? Nothing. Reese’s peanut butter cups are one of the classics. As soon as you bite into one, you are hit with that mix of chocolate and peanut butter taste. The pumpkin ones are a personal favorite because they have the perfect ratio of chocolate and peanut butter, but I’ll be all set with any Reese’s that I get.

What is your favorite Halloween candy?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.