Top 5 Breakfast Cereals

Altea Mehillaj, Staff Writer

Cereals are one of the most popular breakfast items: They’re easy to grab and go, and they keep you full. Now, more than ever, students have been eating cereal due to the free breakfast that is offered in the cafeteria every morning. All cereals are special in their own way, but there are some that top the list.

#5 Honey Nut Cheerios

Honey Nut Cheerios is a safe cereal option that you can never go wrong with. You know what to expect: it’s slightly sweet, and while better than basic Cheerios, there is nothing too crazy happening. A plus is that it’s one of the healthier options on this list, and they’re decent to eat dry as a snack. 

#4 Frosted Flakes 

As soon as you take a bite of Frosted Flakes, you’re hit with a strong sugary taste, which I am personally a fan of. Another aspect I love about this cereal is the crunch component. However, if you leave it in the milk for too long or add too much milk, it becomes soggy quickly, and soggy cereal is something that I like to avoid. So be sure to gobble those flakes fast!

#3 Froot Loops

Froot Loops bring me back to my childhood. I remember being younger and begging my mom to buy me a box. Their bright colors and sweet, vaguely fruity flavor make them incredibly enticing. Froot Loops are a great cereal when you want to change it up a bit or to snack on without milk. But, if you are looking for something on the healthier side this is not the cereal for you, due to the large amount of sugar it contains. 

#2 Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Cinnamon Toast Crunch has a satisfying crunch (hence the name) that makes you crave more. The miniature toast-like squares have the perfect balance of cinnamon and sugar and while I personally don’t love cinnamon, this is an exception. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is also a delicious cereal to have dry and on the go because they’re like little cinnamon crackers with just the perfect amount of sweetness. 

#1 Coco Puffs

Finally, the first-place winner is Coco Puffs. What’s not to like about Coco Puffs? That’s right, you don’t have an answer because it has everything you need. The little round puffs have the perfect crunch to them: not enough to make too much noise, but enough to feel satisfied. I might be a little biased because I love chocolate, but it’s the perfect amount of chocolate as well. A bonus is that the milk turns to chocolate milk once you add the cereal to it! Overall, Coco Puffs are the best cereal out there.

What is your favorite breakfast cereal?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.