Student Council to host first ever Breakfast with Admin

CJ Bourbeau

Mr. Bevan will be in the library for Breakfast with Admin to answer students’ questions on Wednesday, Feb. 16, from 7:15-7:50 a.m.

Ellie O’Connor, Assistant News Editor

The Student Council will hold a breakfast event on Feb. 16 with Principal Sean Bevan for students to express their thoughts surrounding current topics at ARHS.

The event is scheduled to take place on Wednesday morning from 7:15 to 7:50 a.m. in the library. Food and drinks from Dunkin’ will be served during the breakfast. Students are encouraged to ask questions and share their thoughts and ideas with the principal in order to increase lines of communication throughout the school.

“By giving people a chance to speak directly to the principal, I think it’s going to create change and allow people to feel like they are really being heard,” Student Council President Ben Schanzer said.

Even though we all try to be visible and approachable, not all students feel comfortable expressing their point of view. I think that this will give them that chance.

— Sean Bevan, Principal

Bevan sees Breakfast with Admin as an opportunity to increase transparency between the administration and the student body.

“It’s a chance to reduce some of the barriers that can exist between administrators and our students,” Bevan said in an email interview. “Even though we all try to be visible and approachable, not all students feel comfortable expressing their point of view. I think that this will give them that chance. My goals are to strengthen my relationships with the students in the building.”

Students will be able to ask anonymous questions to the Student Council in advance through a Google Form, but they can also do so in-person at the event. Bevan expects discussion about current topics and issues in the school.

“I am guessing that masking will come up, since it’s such a timely issue,” Bevan said. “Of course, many students have strong opinions about the mascot change on both sides of the issue, so that might be a topic that comes up.”

Depending on the success of Breakfast with Admin, Student Council will consider holding similar events in the future.

“I’m really looking forward to seeing a lot of people there if it’s a good turnout because if there is, it is something we are interested in continuing to do,” Schanzer said.

Editor’s Note: This article contains sources who are members of The Harbinger’s Editorial Board. Such members have been removed from this article’s editorial process in order to maintain fair and bias-free reporting.