Freshman wins national titles

Luiso performs on TV for Macy’s Day Parade with talkshow host Jimmy Fallon

Submitted Emma Luiso

Freshman Grace Luiso first started dancing when she was just 2 years old. Since then, her passion for the art has only grown.

Heather Hodgkins, Staff Writer

Freshman Grace Luiso has danced on the streets of New York with Jimmy Fallon, won many national titles and will be featured on the premiere of season 8 of  “Dance Moms.”

Luiso has had a passion for dance since she was little and has been dancing since she was 2 years old. She currently dances at Rhythm Dance Company but travels to New York frequently for training.

“I do pretty much all of the styles, but my favorite is contemporary and my bases are mostly contemporary, jazz, theoretical and ballet,” Luiso said.  

Luiso competes in many competitions and is very proud of her national titles.

Beyond competitions, Luiso signed with an agency, CTG, which has helped her have greater opportunities through dance.

“Getting signed with my agency… was a big part of my dance life,” Luiso said.

One major event that Luiso participated in was the Macy’s Day Parade with Jimmy Fallon last year. This parade is televised throughout the country every year and is a great opportunity for more bigger people to see her abilities.

“I was really proud of myself when I booked The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade with Jimmy Fallon,” Luiso said.  “Felt surreal because you could see the whole city and people were cheering and waving to us.”

Luiso also is going to be in the premiere of season 8 of the Lifetime show “Dance Moms,” as a main competitor. This is a huge step in Luiso’s career being able to be broadcasted on a popular tv network, Lifetime.

She has over 3,000 Instagram followers which creates many opportunities for her, like getting invited to an Instagram event that promotes viral dances in New York.  

Luiso’s friend Freshman Fresca Collett, says she is very modest about her accomplishments and dancing ability.

“I know how hard she works and how talented she is,” Collett said.

“One of my goals is to never fall behind,” Luiso said. “Always be better than I was the day before and never stop being determined.”