SATIRE: Don’t forget to try out for Varsity Vaping!

Staff+writer+Casey+Leonard+proposes+a+potential+solution+to+the+overflowing+amount+of+vapers+at+Algonquin.+

Graphic Maggie Del Re

Staff writer Casey Leonard proposes a potential solution to the overflowing amount of vapers at Algonquin.

Casey Leonard, Staff Writer

As I sit in math class, I think about how I may actually slowly die of boredom, so I make the quick decision to take a bathroom break to burn some time. I leave class, walk down the hall, and open up the bathroom door; however, what I enter into is no longer part of Algonquin.

It is a strawberry smelling candyland with fog barrelling out the door. As I sift through the clouds, I make my way to the nearest urinal and see a couple of Juul pods floating like buoys in an unflushed pool of pee. I try to do my *business*, but feel the eyes of the almighty and powerful Vape Gods staring me down wondering why I would actually be going to the bathroom in a bathroom. Silly me.

What originally was a simple trip to waste some time turned into an elaborate mission of bathroom survival.

Now, I could think of this vaping epidemic as a negative and continually suffer through it, or I could propose a change to improve this situation for everyone. Most schools have a teachers’ lounge, so why not have a vaping lounge to accommodate the plethora of vapers and free up some breathing and peeing room for the rest of us?

Hear me out: we put in charging stations for everyone’s Juuls and have the school store start a lemonade stand of vaping products. If we are gonna go this far, we may as well start a competitive varsity vaping team and send our best to compete with the best “vaping athletes” of other schools. The lounge could be where they train lung capacity, practice their tricks and rest up before big matches. This would not only let students who don’t play other sports finally get to be part of a team, but it would finally bring honor back to the number one place I go number two. By creating a varsity vape team, we will obviously need to have a vaping hall of fame to honor all of those cloud blowers that have moved onto bigger and better things.

All of this would hopefully create a space for all of those who choose to fog up the bathrooms and give them a sanctuary to feel free to do their craft. Long at last the small percentage of us who actually go to the bathroom to use the bathroom would finally reclaim our glorious urinals back.