Senior Reflection: Love, learn from those around us

Grace Antino, Staff Writer

High school gave me a platform to open myself up. Despite being small towns, Northboro and Southboro are full of unique people. Through my experiences and relationships and daily interactions with all of these interesting people, I have grown. Learning about what makes people who they are allowed for me to formulate who I am, what I love, and how I feel about the world around me. I learned to channel my emotions and feelings into other humans and means of communication, such as art and writing, in hopes to be understood. I learned by watching other people that it is more than okay to be different. Humans are complex and if we continue to tell ourselves that we must be exactly like one another we will lose so much of each other that shines from within.

I have great faith in the people with whom I am graduating. I have grown up with some of the most incredible, kind-hearted people. Never mind their lovely souls, they are also impressively intelligent, quick, and creative. So many of my classmates have invested their time into the arts, sports, and the vast array of clubs that Algonquin has offered. It seems as though everyone has “something” they have found that they are passionate about. This is a beautiful thing. My peers radiate positivity that will bring forth change and progress for the future of the world.

I have received love in both the quietest and loudest ways from the people I have met thus far. To my teachers that have combined love with education, thank you. To my friends that have planted love in relationships and let it grow, thank you. To my family that has taught me the structures of selfless love, thank you. To the class to 2017 who has given me countless of examples of how to treat others with love and shown me ways in which people use and display love, thank you.

You have taught me so much about myself through teaching me about yourselves and how you interact with empathy. It is impossible for me to express my gratitude for all you have given me. I wish you all luck and love on these new journeys we are about to embark on. Let us soak in the freshness of our futures. What lies ahead shines so brightly and I hope we can grasp all of this light and make use of it in our youth.