What are you most excited for this summer?

$1541
$2000

Q&A: Girls’ lacrosse captain emphasizes improvements, success

Anna Bellville
Junior goalie Sadie O’Connell saves a shot from Wachusett in a tough game on April 2, which the Titans lost 14-17.

The girls’ lacrosse team ended their season with a 10-6 record. Senior captain Bryn Domolky reflected on the season.

How is the season going overall?

“I think the season has been going really well. We had a little bit of a rocky start just because it is hard coming into a season with some younger people, where they aren’t as assimilated to the team culture and whatnot. But then over the course of the season, I think we really bonded off the field which is evident in our play on the field and our improvement throughout the season. We have definitely come a long way from the start.” 

What was a highlight of the season?

“I think the highlight of our season was when we beat Nashoba last week. We played them two times and the first time they beat us on our home turf. We went into the second game so hungry for a win and revenge, kinda to get them back in a way. So we did and it was a really hard-fought game, probably the best game of the season, and everyone had a really positive attitude and good work ethic. I was really proud of the outcome. After the game, everyone was ecstatic and the bus ride home was very energetic and fun.”

Who are some of your key players?

“Definitely our two goalies. They have done an amazing job all season keeping us safe back there. To be a lacrosse goalie is really difficult. The net is big, and you don’t have that much equipment. Our goalies have bruises all over their legs just from getting hit with balls, so huge credits to them. Also, [senior] Bella Roman and [junior] Grace Chiota are two of our top goalscorers and key players on our team. Not only do they score for us, but we also have players who get the ball to them, like our defenders and my co-captain [senior] Anne Harwich.”

What was the most challenging part of the season?

“The most challenging part of the season has just been getting everybody to have a positive attitude. It was at the beginning of the year where I was more worried about that, and now we are all set. We have come a really long way and I think in team morale and in lifting our spirits. But at the beginning of the season, we had to work on a couple attitudes, make sure everyone was in it to win it and wanted to be there to have fun and get better.”

What was your team dynamic like?

“Our team dynamic is really funny. We are all really close. We have a Snapchat group chat where we are just constantly sending pictures and texting. I think as a team we are more like a family, and I am really happy that we have created that community over the course of the season. We are very close and always making jokes.”