Q&A: Kelly commits to Tufts soccer

Owen Jones

Senior Caroline Kelly runs the ball down the field.

Jula Utzschneider, Opinion Editor

Senior Caroline Kelly committed to play Division III soccer at Tufts University, following an impressive athletic career at Algonquin.

Are you happy with how the girls’ soccer team has played this year?

“Yeah, I think we’ve improved as a team as the year has gone on because our chemistry has improved game after game, and that has improved us overall.”

What has the team done well this year?

“I think we’ve improved on our weaknesses, which has allowed us to make steps forward as a team. We’ve been good at making opportunities for our offense, and our defense has been able to hold down the back and prevent other teams from scoring.”

What do you think your team needs to work on ?

“As we begin playing better teams, we need to work on playing our style of game instead of trying to shape our play, and stay confident that we can win.”

How does it feel to be committed to Tufts?

“I’m very thankful for the opportunity. It’s definitely a relief, and less stressful. It’s like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect opportunity. It’s my dream school, and I’m very excited to play there.”

What made you choose this school?

“I chose Tufts because I can pursue my interests in engineering and play a competitive sport in a supportive environment. I was looking for academics, and chose Tufts as a school before I chose it for soccer.”

What does it mean to you to play soccer in college?

“I am excited to represent not only the college but also my high school and my past teams. It represents all of the work I have put in and all of my past coaches and teammates who have pushed me to be better.”