Mr. T-hawk Tweets: O’Leary and Hatton continue tradition of popular sports Twitter account

Photo Emily Smith

Seniors Kevin O’Leary and Kevin Hatton run the Twitter account @THawkTweets.

Emily Smith, Sports Editor

Seniors Kevin O’Leary and Kevin Hatton were given the legacy of a Twitter account that tweets updates about Algonquin sports called @THawkTweets. The account has been passed down to them in order to keep T-hawk nation up to date on all things Gonk sports, featuring other prevalent events. The account has almost 2,000 followers, including Algonquin alumni, faculty, family, and students. Here is an inside look at what it really takes to keep up with Thawk Tweets.

How did T-hawk Tweets begin?

Hatton: “It all began with my brother Tyler Hatton, along with Sam Factor and Matt Tozeski.”

O’Leary: “T-hawk tweets began when Hatty’s [Kevin Hatton] older brother and two of his friends started the account to help people keep up with the T-hawk community.”

What’s it like to keep up with all the sports and captains?

Hatton: “It’s a challenge to keep up with all the sports teams… we try to do our best including every team and extra curricular activity… in the fall we actually made a group message to keep up with everything that was going on.”

O’Leary: “It’s pretty challenging keeping up with all the sports teams and what’s going on around the Algonquin community due to the extensive amount of activities.”

What are your typical responsibilities? What do you usually report on?

Hatton: “We try to keep up to date scores on the sports that people can’t always make… at the beginning of every season me and Kevin try to make a pact to make it to at least one game of every sport so we can give continuous updates.”

O’Leary: “Typical responsibilities include mainly keeping up with the sports world around the Gonk, but also keeping the Algonquin community up to date with other events going on. It’s also nice beating Mrs. T to the snow day tweets, but she still usually wins the retweet and favorite battle.”

Do you feel like T-hawk Tweets has a good impact on the Algonquin community?

Hatton: “I feel like T-hawk Tweets really helps everyone connect and keep up with everything that is going on, and it also helps with the Algonquin alum that can’t make it to the sporting events. The student body loves us throwing some chirps at other schools, and we want everyone to know that T-hawk nation is the best in CMass!”

O’Leary: “I believe it has a good impact on the Algonquin student body. We just keep the best high school around updated with all the important information they need.”