CJ Bourbeau

Senior Grace Ammon is going to Ohio Wesleyan University for field hockey.

Grace Ammon, field hockey

Ammon will attend Ohio Wesleyan University after being recruited for their field hockey program, which has held the North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) championship title for two consecutive years.

What made you decide on this school?

“The coaches reached out to me, and I just felt like they were so welcoming, and I went there and the team was so welcoming.I didn’t feel that from any other school; that made me want to go there.”

What is your favorite part of the sport?

“What I liked the most in high school [field hockey] was just getting to play with a lot of different people. In club too, every year there’s a new group of girls that you get to meet, and I like building those relationships.

What are you most looking forward to for next year’s season?

“I’m looking forward to hopefully winning another championship, because they have [won] two years in a row, and that’d be really cool to step into; I feel like the winning culture is something nice to look forward to.”

What will you miss most from your current team?

“Probably some of my friends, because I feel bad leaving them behind. They’re going to visit me, but I feel like I’m going to miss those bonds on and off the field.”

Did you always want to play at the collegiate level?

“I used to play soccer, for a long time, and I wanted to play in college [for that], but then I shifted to field hockey before high school and I was like, ‘This is a cool goal to achieve.’”

$1501
$2000