CJ Bourbeau

Senior Mia Lochhead is going to Boston College to participate in soccer.

Mia Lochhead, soccer

Senior Mia Lochhead looks forward to extending her soccer career by playing Division I soccer as a center back at Boston College. Her commitment process began in the early months of 2022, and she officially announced her decision in March. Since then, her excitement for the future has grown as she plans to begin in the fall of 2023.

When did you first start playing soccer?

“When I was three or four. I’ve always been playing soccer because of my older sisters.”

What is your favorite thing about soccer?

“It is one of my safe spaces. It’s somewhere I’m able to calm down and not focus on other things that are stressing me. I have a lot of fun playing with different groups of girls and competing.”

What position do you play and what do you most enjoy about playing that position?

“It’s a little nerve wracking at times because it’s the last line of defense, but I think that’s also why I enjoy it so much. There’s a lot of trust riding on playing that position. You have to be able to make quick decisions and be on your feet.”

Why did you want to play soccer at the collegiate level?

“My older sister played at Boston College. She had a great experience [and] by having that role model I was able to see what kind of experience you can have as a Division I athlete.”

What about Boston College enticed you to play for them?

“For me it was really school first. I grew up around Boston College. My parents went there, my sisters went there and I have been to the school so many times that I feel comfortable there. Having that foundation was really nice. After talking to the coaches and realizing I could go into the career I wanted, [I decided that] playing soccer was the best of both worlds for me.”

What are you most looking forward to in these next four years of your life?

“I am going into nursing. My top priority for college is being able to get my education. I’m also excited to meet my teammates and be a part of the team and be in that community.” 

Do you have hopes to play soccer beyond the collegiate level?

“Right now, no…I want to get the most out of soccer in college, earn my career and start working after I graduate.” 

Do you have any ideas of majors or other focusses you’d like to pursue at Boston College?

“Definitely nursing, that’s one of the big things I am looking forward to.”

Do you have anything that you think is important to include about your relationship with soccer or your commitment?

“The commitment process in general is really stressful and different for every person. It really comes down to finding the school that you fall in love with. Soccer is an important part, but you have to love the school in order to enjoy your time there.”

$1501
$2000