CJ Bourbeau

Senior Gabriela Miranda is going to Liberty University for soccer.

Gabby Miranda, soccer

Senior Gabby Miranda will attend Division I Liberty University after being recruited for soccer in May 2022.

When did you first start playing soccer? 

“I don’t know the exact age, but very young. I would say around five. It was one of the first sports I started playing.”

What is your favorite thing about soccer?

“I love all the memories that come with it, like the competitiveness but also that team aspect – all the friends and the memories you make through the sport.”

What position do you play and what do you most enjoy about playing that position?

“In the attacking center midfield, I like how I’m in the middle of the field and I have the vision of almost everything in front of me. I also like how I can defend and attack in that position.”

Why did you want to play soccer at the collegiate level? 

“Soccer has been such a big part of my life, I can’t imagine going without it. I just love the competitive aspect and the friends you make through sports, so college wouldn’t be the same without it.”

What about this college enticed you to play for them? 

“I loved their team, their competitiveness and the coach. This college said they would support me in nursing, which is what I want to major in. They said they would be able to help me and guide me through that process, so that’s why Liberty was a great fit.”

What are you most looking forward to in these next four years of your life? 

“I’m looking forward to learning more about the nursing major and hopefully going down that pathway. I’m looking forward to meeting new people, making new friends and becoming part of this new team.”

Do you have hopes to play soccer beyond the collegiate level? 

“Right now I’m not sure, I’m just focused on these next four years and we’ll see where it takes me.”

Do you have any ideas of majors or other focuses you’d like to pursue at Liberty University?

“Yes, [I plan on] becoming a nursing major. It’s my biggest interest.”

Do you have anything that you think is important to include about your relationship with soccer or your commitment? 

“It’s always just been the sport I’ve loved most, and I just can’t imagine my life without it.”

$1501
$2000