CJ Bourbeau

Senior Ava Wilde is going to the University of Vermont for lacrosse.

Ava Wilde, lacrosse

Committed senior will Ava Wilde attend Division I University of Vermont after being recruited for lacrosse in the fall of her junior year.

When did you first start playing lacrosse?
“I started playing when I was in third grade, but I didn’t start playing club lacrosse until I was in ninth grade.”

What is your favorite thing about lacrosse?
“I like how fast paced the game is, and I always grew up playing with brothers and it was always fun to learn from them.”

What position do you play and what do you most enjoy about playing that position?
“I play midfield and I like that you are on both ends of the field so I can play both defense and offense. Midfielders usually end up bringing the ball up [the field].”

Why did you want to play lacrosse at the collegiate level?
“I didn’t know I wanted to play until my sophomore year when I started getting more serious about it. That January I started reaching out to coaches, and the summer going into my junior year, I started getting more attention from colleges and I thought, ‘I really like these colleges and think I want to play at a higher level.’”

What about this college enticed you to play for them?
“When I first went on campus I went for college prospect day and played on the fields with them. I realized how inclusive the team was and how high energy they were and I wanted to be a part of that. They also had a beautiful campus and the major I wanted to study, health science.”

What are you most looking forward to in these next four years of your life?
“I’m excited to meet new people and be a part of the community there. I’m also excited to be a part of the team and play at a higher level.”

Do you have hopes to play lacrosse beyond the collegiate level?
“Probably not, but if I could, I would want to be a coach when I’m older, maybe coach my kids’ teams.”

Do you have any ideas of majors or other focusses you’d like to pursue at University of Vermont?
“I’m majoring in health science and think I want to be a physical therapist.”

Do you have anything that you think is important to include about your relationship with lacrosse or your commitment?
“A big part of my lacrosse career was with the team here at Algonquin; my sophomore and junior year were fun seasons, the coaches were always helping us and we had a pretty successful season, and I’m hoping this season we can win CMASS.”

$1501
$2000