CJ Bourbeau

Senior Karoline Crippen is committed to Northeastern University for Division I Crew/Rowing.

Karoline Crippen, Rowing

Committed senior Karoline Crippen plans to attend Division I Northeastern University after being recruited for rowing in the summer of 2022.

When did you first start rowing?

“I started rowing around one year ago. I knew I wanted to be a Division I athlete and because I wasn’t tall enough to play Division I volleyball, I made the switch to rowing.”

What is your favorite thing about rowing?

“My favorite thing about rowing is the mindset that you have. It’s a very mind over body sport. You need to be in insane strength fitness, but also cardiovascular fitness. You have to have a certain mindset to do it. You have to push yourself past your limits, something you never thought you could do before.”

What position do you play and what do you most enjoy about playing that position?

“It pushes me past my own limits and it forces me to better myself every day, no matter if it is a small thing or big thing.”

Why did you want to row at the collegiate level?

“My brother plays football at a very high level and admired the hard work it takes so I always knew I wanted to be a Division I athlete.”

What about this college enticed you to play for them?

“I like the academics that [Northeastern University has]. It is a great school and it is also a great rowing school.” 

What are you most looking forward to in these next four years of your life?

“I am looking forward to getting really close to my team.”

Do you have hopes to row beyond the collegiate level?

“No, just at the collegiate level.”

Do you have any ideas of majors or other focusses you’d like to pursue at Northeastern University?

“I definitely want to major in business when I’m there. I’ve always been interested in making my own business one day. I want to do something along the lines of entrepreneurship. My brother and I want to open a business one day.”

Do you have anything that you think is important to include about your relationship with [sport] or your commitment?

“Making the switch to rowing has taught me a lot about myself. I love volleyball, but rowing is something so different. You just have to push your body past so many limits I never thought I could get by. Even though it’s super painful, you feel so much better afterwards.”

$1501
$2000