Charles+Gallagher

Charles Gallagher

What do you like best about working as a special education aide?

“I just really enjoy helping people. I like being someone the kids can relate to and know that I’m there to support them.” 

What do you do over the course of a day as an aide?

“I have a class schedule so I go to each class and, depending on the class, I might be taking notes, walking around the classroom helping students, checking work and kind of just being an extra set of eyes and hands for the teacher so that they are not too overwhelmed. There are kids in some of these classes that need more support and I am there to make sure they get that.” 

What are the biggest challenges you’ve faced in your job this year?

“I just started about a month ago so I would say [the biggest challenge would be] getting to know my schedule. Getting to know kids can also be challenging, especially trying to help them understand that I am there to help and not just an authority figure.” 

What do you think about working at ARHS?

“I love Algonquin. I went here and graduated in 2016 so there are a lot of familiar faces. I also just think it’s a great, supportive environment.” 

What do you like to do in your free time?

“In my free time, I coach baseball and this spring I’m actually coaching the Melican baseball team. I love watching hockey because I’m a huge Bruins fan and just hanging out with my friends is always fun.”

What would your students be surprised to learn about you?

“I guess students would just be surprised that I’m actually not that much older than them.”

$1501
$2000