Next+year%2C+students+will+have+the+opportunity+to+learn+more+about+why+and+how+kids+play.+This+class+will+include+projects+with+the+Tiny+Tomahawk+preschool.+

Courtesy Christine Cabalo

Next year, students will have the opportunity to learn more about why and how kids play. This class will include projects with the Tiny Tomahawk preschool.

Learning Through Play (CP/H)

Learning Through Play (H and CP) is a new course for juniors and seniors which focuses on the psychology behind the way children play. 

“This course, Learning through Play, is an extremely hands on and many of the assessments are projects versus tests,.” Applied Arts and Technology teacher Susan Muise said.

Students will complete projects like observation journals and making a new toy prototype for the Tiny Tomahawk Preschool children. If you are interested in pursuing a career in education and enjoy working with children, this is a class for you. 

“They will learn to observe and analyze the behavior of children while at play, to create theme centers in the dramatic play area,” Muise said.

To take Learning through Play students must have taken Early Childhood Education with a C+ or higher for CP or B+ or higher for H.

$1501
$2000