Cardi B wins Best  Rap Album

Instagram @muglerofficial

Cardi B wins “Best Rap Album”

Cardi B is not everyone’s cup of tea, but she is someone we’ve admired for a while. Her tendency to speak her mind without giving a hoot about the public’s perception is a rare quality in Hollywood today. She carries herself with unapologetic, almost out-there, poise. Her win for Best Rap Album is well-deserved as she has truly worked her butt off to get to where she is today. When she walked up on stage to give her acceptance speech, it was a true unfiltered Cardi moment when she said, “Maybe I need to start smoking marijuana,” in reference to her nervousness. We are even prouder of her for making history as the first female solo artist to win the category. That being said, we have a bone to pick with the Recording Academy…

Also nominated in this category was the late Mac Miller who passed away in September. As Grammy-winning artist Ariana Grande tweeted her reaction, viewers questioned why the Academy invited Miller’s parents if they already knew he was not going to win. Many viewers felt that Miller was snubbed of a Grammy he deserved because his album had greater meaning for many fans than any other album nominated in the category. His accidental drug overdose was a hard hit across fans of the rap genre, and many felt that this would have been an impactful posthumous win. Alas, we must put our differences aside and not take this moment away from the hard-working Cardi B.

$1501
$2000