Jennifer Lopezs Motown tribute

Instagram Stories @jlo

Jennifer Lopez’s Motown tribute

Jennifer Lopez, aka JLo, is an icon in every sense of the word. She stunned in a matching light mint Ralph & Russo hat and dress ensemble that slayed. Hand in hand with Michelle Obama, Lopez commanded the stage. She spoke about how music influenced her life while growing up in the Bronx, leading her to become the mega-star she is today. This eventually led to her out-of-this-world Motown tribute that was filled with the high energy JLo is synonymous with. (Motown is a recording company founded by Berry Gordy, also in attendance, who was served a tribute.)

However, the performance didn’t go down without some criticism from people in the Twitterverse, and well, these days, what isn’t met with backlash? Some thought that a singer from Motown should have done the tribute, but we think Lopez gave a performance that no one else could accomplish. Prior to her performance, she dedicated this set to her mother who would always play Motown songs around the house. After her performance, she tearfully remarked how honored she was to share this moment with Smokey Robinson, a Motown artist she grew up listening to.

$1320
$1500