Andy+Zhao

Submitted Andy Zhao

Andy Zhao

Laura and her team did an incredible job organizing prom.

This year, the decorations were basic but tastefully done. The tablecloths and chairs were white, while black napkins and a lamp as a centerpiece served to provide contrast. Colored lights served as the main tool to create the mood and fill the space.

The DJ played remixed versions of songs, which was weird because nobody knew them, but he played a tasteful combination of throwback and modern songs. Shoutout to Michael Wu and Tyler Zhang for knowing every lyric to every song, and Alex Chen for bringing out the moves that I never knew he had.

The dance floor was energetic the entire night. No one cared about their dancing skills; it was just a group of people who were genuinely having a good time and enjoying each other’s company, which is something you don’t see as much at other school-sponsored dances.

Bringing in Jeff Slovin as a photographer was a nice touch, as people were able to get professional portraits taken for free and everyone looked amazing.

The food was tasty and beverages was always available at the bar. However, they ran out of their ever-popular shirley temples halfway through the night which was a shame.
Overall prom was an incredible night that I’ll never forget.

$1320
$1500