Student Council update

Student Council has its hands full with fundraising and planning for events around the corner and new ideas are constantly being generated.

These elected officials serve as an organization that provides help for all students.  Their main goals are to help students by fundraising for clubs and other events while solving everyday problems from the hallways to the classrooms.

“We have three separate committees: policy, community service and social,” said advisor John Barry.

“The organization is by the common student, for the common student,” said junior representative Kate Foster.

“Right now we are working on planning Winter Ball, the Food Drive, the Holiday Drive, and SNL Night, reevaluating the Activity Fee and possibly making a family cap, looking if there can be any improvements in parking, and a couple of exciting events and things that we aren’t quite ready to make an announcement about yet,” Senior President Conor O’Shea said.

To make sure that students have a place to voice their opinions, the council has added a suggestion box just outside of the cafeteria in the G hallway. The suggestion box has received many good suggestions so far, but majority of them have been about bringing back chicken nuggets in school lunches.

“We will work on it,” said O’Shea.

The council also is getting ready for Winter Ball.

“Winter ball will be held the Friday we get out for Christmas break,” said sophomore Representative Jill Furlong. To make sure that it is a success; the council is doing its best to fundraise enough money for it.

They are also fundraising for the food drive. Many classes are donating money and teachers have also agreed to donate. To keep up with all news regarding the Student Council follow them on twitter @Gonk_StuCo