Learn to Jam

"Instrumental Music" by Newman University is licensed with CC BY-NC-ND 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/

Learn to Jam

Learn to Jam is a new music elective available to all grades for either CP or Honors credit. The class is performance-based as students will partake in various styles of musical playing within small ensembles. 

“There are a lot of people out there that music is important to them but they are just kind of listeners,” Fine and Performing Arts teacher Eric Vincent said. “It becomes even more meaningful when you’re actually making the music and creating it [as well as] interacting with people when you make music.”

Students do not need any prior musical experience to join. They will have the opportunity to learn the basics for a variety of instruments, such as guitar, bucket drums and piano, in an interactive environment. Those who play a non-traditional band or orchestral instrument will also have the chance to play alongside other students.

“Music is so important for me personally, but I think music is a universal thing,” Vincent said. “Everybody can do it. I think it is important to bring it to people who ‘aren’t musicians’ or don’t think of themselves as musicians. Music is for everybody.”

$1320
$1500