New+English+Language+Development+teacher+Servi+Oyola+was+inspired+to+teach+after+her+own+experiences+as+an+English+learner.+

Photo Annabella Ferraiuolo

New English Language Development teacher Servi Oyola was inspired to teach after her own experiences as an English learner.

English Language DevelopmentL Selvi Oyola

New English Language Development (ELD) teacher Selvi Oyola is excited to teach at Algonquin and help her students to advance in life.

Before becoming an ELD teacher, Oyola had an entirely different career path as an environmental engineer, which she enjoyed, but teaching has always been a profession which she had in her mind.

She was inspired to become an ELD teacher because as an English language student, she herself had an ELD teacher who helped her in school.

Oyola has worked as a substitute teacher in other schools, which encouraged her to continue teaching. After Oyola became a teacher, she began looking for openings in places where she could start teaching. Since she lives in Northborough, she was drawn to Algonquin.

“I enjoy the community, everyone’s courteous and caring,” Oyola said.

Oyola thoroughly loves Algonquin so far, and she’s devoted to doing her best to help her students. 

ELD teacher Suzanne Simpson, who’s known Oyola for nine years, admires Oyola’s calm and patient traits.

“She’s invested in educating English learners,” Simpson said.

Oyola has several hopes for her time at Algonquin. She wants to help students who are eager to learn have a secure future, and she’s more than willing to make sure they’re learning in the best way possible.

“I hope to inspire students to be the best they can be, and help students to be confident,” Oyola said.

$1340
$1500