Love Actually (2003)

We’ve all seen clips of the famous scene where Andrew Lincoln’s character Mark shows up to Keira Knightley’s character Juliet’s house with posters, confessing his love to her. This movie follows nine different stories (yes, nine) of different characters with different lives. The common denominator that links them all is love. How adorable.

You may feel a bit hesitant at first, feeling as if you will get confused between all of these stories, but the movie does a phenomenal job of transitioning between the lives of each character without getting lost in the overall scheme of things. More than a typical rom-com, this movie looks at love from all sorts of angles and perspectives whether it be lost love, friendship, romantic, or parent- love.

Fans of “Love Actually” wanted closure on some of the cliffhangers left at the end of the movie, so they begged, and BBC obliged. In May of 2017, BBC got the cast back together for a short movie sequel called “Red Nose Day Actually” that was broadcast as a fundraiser for Red Nose Day. More witty than it is dramatic, the short but enlightening film is exactly what romantic comedy lovers needed thirteen years later for a little bit of insight into the current lives of the characters of these nine stories.

It’s very rare that movies are lucky enough to get the entire cast back together for a sequel. So if the entire cast of “Love Actually” was able to come back for the fans, there has to be something about the movie that makes people love it so much. Don’t miss out on a gem of our time.

$1501
$2000