Up and Coming YouTube Beauty Guru

Saloni Kumar, Staff Writer

Sophomore Paige Albers’ YouTube channel, paigebeautyxo, is blossoming in popularity through its high quality beauty and DIY videos.

In her bedroom, Albers films relatable and easy-to-follow tutorials that make viewers feel like she is in the room with them.

Albers was inspired by popular YouTubers such as Joey Graceffa and Tyler Oakley.

“I like how they are really funny and the editing process seemed fun,” Albers said.

Albers was reluctant about starting her own channel because she was nervous she would be made fun of for it. However, in two months,  Albers has gained over 1,000 subscribers.

“Usually you don’t gain that many in such a short period of time,” Albers said.

Albers attributes her success to her high quality equipment and frequent uploading.

“At the beginning, for about three or four weeks, I uploaded every single day,” Albers said. “I can’t do that anymore because it’s too time consuming, which is kind of sad because it’s the only way to grow on YouTube.”

Though it’s a lot of hard work, Albers finds the experience rewarding.

“It takes me anywhere from four to six hours to edit my videos,” Albers said. “When you put out a good video that you’re proud of and it gets a lot of positive feedback, it’s really exciting because you know that you’ve worked hard and that it worked out well.”

YouTube has helped Albers open her mind to the world around her.

“Most of the time I’ll expect the worst of people,” Albers reflected. “But on YouTube, I was like ‘Wow, I haven’t gotten any hate comments and I get an overwhelming amount of nice comments.’ It makes me assume the best of people.”

Albers encourages people who are hesitant to start their own channel.

“I would say go for it because it’s really fun and an entirely different experience than making friends in real life,” Albers said. “The community has been very supportive.”

Going forward, Albers  plans to collaborate with more YouTubers and looks forward to posting more high quality content on her channel.

“I’m just going to go with the flow and see what happens,” Albers said. “Someone a while ago told me ‘quality over quantity,’ which is so true. It made me realize that I’d be happier if someone sees one high quality video of mine instead of 30 really bad, unedited videos.”

Check out Albers’ videos at: www.youtube.com/paigebeautyxo